Pros and cons of copywriting
Is copywriting the right profession for you? Like any type of work, copywriting has its pros and cons.
Full-time "employed" copywriting
- Exciting, fast-paced work environment
- Daily socializing with colleagues
- Regular paycheck and paid benefits
- Possibility for rapid corporate advancement
- Burnout from long hours and stressful work
- Big egos and fickle bosses
- High probability for layoff when work slows
- Dealing with corporate culture and "group think"
- Maximum control over work and schedule
- Quiet, stress-free work environment
- Ability to earn as much or as little as you want
- Wide variety of projects and clients
- Doing "sales" to land clients and find work
- Solitary work with minimal social interaction
- Dealing with uncertainty of cash flow
- Juggling multiple projects and clients
Copyright © 2009 Dean Rieck. All Rights Reserved.
Click here for reprint policy.
Copyright © Direct Creative. All Rights Reserved.