23 Thoughts to Help You Survive Any Crisis
- Indecision is the key to flexibility.
- You can't tell which way the train went by looking at the tracks.
- There is absolutely no substitute for genuine lack of preparation.
- Happiness is merely the remission of pain.
- Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
- Sometimes, too much to drink isn't enough.
- The facts, although interesting, are irrelevant.
- The careful application of terror is also a form of communication.
- If you think there's good in everyone, you haven't met everyone.
- Someone who thinks logically is a nice contrast to the real world.
- Things are more like they are today than they ever were before.
- Anything worth fighting for is worth fighting dirty for.
- Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler.
- Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate.
- I have seen the truth, and it makes no sense.
- If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.
- One-seventh of your life is spent on Monday.
- By the time you make ends meet, they move the ends.
- Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.
- There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.
- This is as bad as it can get, but don't bet on it.
- Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty. And the pig likes it.
- The trouble with life is that you're halfway though it before you realize it's a do-it-yourself thing.
Copyright © 1994 Dean Rieck. All Rights Reserved.
Click here for reprint policy.
Copyright © Direct Creative. All Rights Reserved.